Hello, we are therapists and guides in Colorado. We Support families with teens struggling to connect with their family and to meet the expectations of school is a passion of ours. When we work together, we not only support your teen but also your family to find places to connect.
We specialize in working with young men who are experiencing symptoms of: ADHD • Oppositional Defiant • Anger • Anxiety • Depression • Learning Disabilities • PTSD • Lack of Direction
Working with us your teen will:
● Find tools that work for getting through class and to finish homework
● Become connected with their dynamic emotions
● Learn to express their needs
Your family will get back into harmony so that you can:
● ENJOY each other and start HAVING FUN AGAIN!
● Experience more fulfilling engagement
● Create more opportunities for TWO way conversations
How We Work
We use an innovative and individualized approach to therapy through a dynamic exploration of ones’ self in relationship to their environment.
- Environment– nature connection
- Collaboration– working to build connections to resources
- Inquiry, Investigation, and Practice– we promote the practice of curiosity and compassion in ourselves and our clients about who we are and how better know ourselves and learn how to best communicate what is most alive in us
Issues we frequently work with others on include: relationships, trauma, anxiety, lack of motivation, depression, and aggression.
Building blocks of our approach:
The mind and body as an innately whole, intelligent system is the basis for how we approach working with clients.
What is passively or unconsciously absorbed through patterns of relating to the self and others is rooted in our attachment style; Practices of compassion and curiosity in the mindful attention to one’s own in-the-moment experience is strongly correlated with neuroplacticity, the actual physical restructuring of neuropathways in our brains.
This is learning, and it is at its best where the environment is made safe, in this case, through the skilled attunement and therapeutic presence of a counselor.
Why? To help clients:
• Establish an empathic awareness of their body’s sensory processes as they relate to in-the-moment experiences of thoughts and emotions.
• Bring awareness to their internal process enough to investigate their truth in connection to themselves and others, as well as their relationship to the needs and emotions that lie beneath their choices.
• Move and make choices from a space of embodied agency–recognizing, challenging and possibly shifting narratives that are no longer helpful
Somatic (i.e. Body) + Wilderness (i.e. Eco) = Eco-somatic psychotherapy
We offer a Free One Hour Consultation to find out if we are a GOOD MATCH. It is really important for you to find the right person to support your family. This consultation is a great way to see if we are a good fit or for us to find the right person for you!
Benefits of a Consultation
● To become clear on where you want to go.
● To define the #1 obstacle holding your family back.
● Clarify the next step you need to take as a family to create the life you all want!
● To find out if we are a good match. Sign up for a Free Consultation